How it Works:
By measuring the change in velocity of an acoustic signal, the Twin Cell Ultrasonic Cement Analyzer economically provides a continuous non-destructive method of determining compressive strength as a function of time.
The cement slurry to be tested is placed in an autoclave unit with temperature (up to 400°F) and pressure (up to 5,000 PSI) adjusted to simulate downhole conditions. An acoustic signal is then transmitted through the cement sample. As the strength of the cement increases over time, the faster the acoustic signal travels through the sample.
A computer running customized Windows® software measures the transit times of the signal over time and interpolates the compressive strength values. This data is available real time on-screen and is also stored in an Excel® spreadsheet for easy graphical viewing and printing.
Features & Benefits:
- Non-Destructive – Cement samples are not destroyed at time intervals.
- Economical – Lower maximum pressures (up to 5,000 PSI) keep costs down, while easily meeting standards.
- Compact – Can be used with a laptop for complete portability.
- Accurate Data – Unique technology results in a cleaner signal, so transit times and data are more accurate.
- Computer-Controlled – Data is available instantly onscreen and is automatically downloaded to an Excel® spreadsheet for easy analysis.
- Maximum Pressure: 5,000 PSI (34.5 MPa)
- Maximum Temperature: 400°F (204.4°C)
- Power Supply:
- – Heaters: 230 Volt, 50/60 Hz, 4 Amp
- – Electronics: 230 Volt, 50/60 Hz, 2 Amp
- Air Supply: 100 – 150 PSI (689.5 – 1,034.3 kPa)
- Water Supply: Standard Tap Water, ¼” NPT Connector
- Size: 24″ × 18″ × 12″ (61 × 46 × 30 cm)
- Weight: Approximately 70 lb (31.8 kg)