A high tech testing instrument doesn’t have to be difficult to use or maintain. Take a look at the Model 900 and one word comes to mind – simple: simple to operate, simple to calibrate, simple to maintain.
As a stand-alone field unit, the press of a single button prompts the viscometer to perform standard API test sweeps for your choice of mud or cement rheologies. Custom programs can even be downloaded to the unit and started with the touch of a button. Standard speeds (i.e. 600 rpm, 300 rpm, etc.) are also provided as single button operations on the keypad.
Need a specific shear rate? Just enter the parameters on the numbered keypad and press ‘Enter’, and the instrument automatically adjusts to the correct rpm.
Have a need for advanced research and demanding test parameters? Just hook up a computer to the Model 900 and turn it into a fully automated system that includes complete data acquisition using OFITE’s exclusive ORCADA™ software.
OFITE’s Model 900 Viscometer is extremely versatile. Its simplicity makes it ideally suited for the field, yet with the addition of a computer can perform as well as any lab machine available today.
Features & Specifications:
- Upgraded Transducer – Provides even more accurate readings at low shear rates. Improved calibration.
- Instrument Geometry – True Couette Coaxial Cylinder
- Motor Speeds (RPM) – 12 Fixed Speeds (600, 300, 200, 100, 60, 30, 20, 10, 6, 3, 2, and 1); Variable Speed range .006 – 1000
- Bobs – B1 (Standard), B2, B3, B4, B5 (Optional)
- Speed Accuracy (RPM) – .001
- Shear Rate Range (sec-1) – .01 – 1700
- Shear Stress Range (dynes/cm2) – 0-1500 (R1B1 & F1)
- Heat Cup – SS, 150 Watt, Max Recommended Temp 190°F, (88°C). New design allows for faster heat up and improved accuracy.
- Power Requirements – 97 – 250 Volts AC, 50 / 60 Hz
- Temperature Measurement – Type “J” Thermocouple; measures and controls actual fluid, not thermocup.
- Automatic Tests – API Cementing and Mud Rheologies; 8 User-Designed programs available.
- Torsion Springs – F1 (Standard) F0.2, F0.5, F2 (Optional)
- pH – Measure and record pH of fluid (Optional)
- Multi-Unit – Run multiple units on one computer
- Calibration – Push button calibration; calibration history and graphs available for improved analysis (with ORCADA software).